Australia is a land of vast opportunity, but that opportunity can be limited without a good command of the common language. That’s why English tuition is critical to help you confidently express your thoughts and gain traction in your business life, regardless of what you do for a living.
Here are several of the key factors you should check out before enrolling in private English coaching:
- Is there compatibility, or chemistry? It might sound frivolous, but it really is important to have an excellent relationship with your tutor when learning an additional language. After all, you’re going to spend a lot of time with this person, so your English coaching professional should be somebody you actually enjoy being around. And they should be as thrilled as you with every success you achieve with your enhanced command of the language for a business environment.
- Do they truly understand your goals? Does your English tutor fully comprehend what you need to achieve? Has he or she really listened as you describe your work situation, your responsibilities and the communications obstacles you face? Your instructors can’t help you improve your skills if they don’t understand what you’re up against.
- Does your tutor come from a business background? The way you communicate at work is different than the way you chat with a neighbour or when ordering a sandwich from a restaurant. As a professional, you’ll require an English tutor who understands your industry, along with the specific elements of your role. You may need to focus on one specific area of your English communication. This could be anything from accent reduction, pronunciation, increasing vocabulary, writing proposals, presentations, grammar, meeting communication or any professional communication skills you need to develop. Your English language tutor should have business and real-life experience. If they have spent their whole teaching career in a classroom they won’t understand the pressures of daily life in a business setting. Only in the business world might you hear or read such terms as “stakeholder,” ‘agenda,” “HR,” “invoice” or “timeline.” The business world truly speaks a language of its own, you’ll need the skills so you can confidently participate.
- Is there schedule flexibility? You might work a non-traditional shift or have a work schedule that varies from day to day. Perhaps you travel or might have meetings that tend to go long. You need a tutoring service that can work when you’re available, and not expect you to observe their availability. Rigid schedules are the enemy of professional students. Will the tutor come to you and meet you at your office at a time and location that works best for you?
- Do they understand your starting point and build a personalised pathway? Does your English tutor have a comprehensive diagnostic that reflects your individual needs at with an emphasis on your communications and professional confidence? Part of defining success is defining the starting point. Does the tutor use a diagnostic to provide a quantitative and qualitative clear snapshot of your current level of English competency across the four vital parameters of speaking, reading, writing and listening? You are the only one that can define success for you, therefore each lesson needs to be customised specifically for the skills you want to develop. This is critical, each lesson needs to be tailored to meet your needs.
You can depend on finding patient and comprehensive language coaching here at ESL Tutoring Services. To find out more you can contact us today.
I’m Elizabeth the Program Director here at ESL tutoring. My greatest passion in life is to see people fulfil their potential and realise their dreams. I want to increase opportunities for those people I meet and help you improve your life here in Australia. I’d love to set up a time to talk about how we can best meet your English language learning goals.
Give me a call 0402316391 or email email@example.com
Find out more here – https://www.esltutoringservices.com/english-tutoring-sydney/